Friday, March 29, 2019

CCR Draft #1

Throughout my magazine process I did not challenge the conventions. I used the conventions instead to add to my magazine to make it better. The way I designed my magazine was very similar to the other health magazines. My cover page is similar to the other health magazines in the way that my cover is an action shot. Some of the Shape models and the Women's Health models are doing activities during their photo shoots that help to show that they are being physically active. My cover page represents the young adults and older teenagers because my model is in her early twenties. It also represents college level athletes and aspiring college athletes because she is a swimmer. The font and the color of my title match the other magazines that I researched like Shape and Women's Health. My table of contents is different in some aspects from the other magazines. My table of contents has two pictures, one at each end of the page. The table of contents in Shape magazine and Women's Health magazine include pictures and the title of the different featured articles. I used the same fonts as the magazines that I researched and I tried to use the same font colors and size as the magazines too. I chose to keep the font black so that it would be easy to read and not a light color that would not be visible. I also chose to arrange the table of contents into two columns so that there is easy access to the articles and the ads that would be in my magazine. I chose to include a quote in my table of contents that would fit into the same theme as my magazine. For my two page article I chose to match the theme of my model's college. Taylor went to the University of Florida and the colors for UF are blue and orange. I tried to match the captions of the photos with dark blue or orange to match the pictures that were featured in the article. I also used bold bright headings for the article so that it would catch the eye when the reader opened to that page. I decided that I was going to include four pictures in my article that represented Taylor as a swimmer in college and what she looks like now as a coach. I wanted to include the pictures to demonstrate the comparison and the contrast between the two. While I was doing my research I discovered that the majority of the two page articles in the magazines all have several pictures and have big bold fonts that catch the eye. This helps to stop the reader while they are flipping through pages to get them to focus on the main article. Through the use of all these conventions, I think that my magazine represented the target audience and age range for the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment